As of today, we are approximately 6-7 weeks in this life crisis called COVID-19. Dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic is taking its toll in all aspects of our daily lives. It is so very important to find time to practice self-care and protect our mental health- just as much as our physical health right now. Here are some helpful tips and information on the various topics surrounding mental health during this difficult and stressful time for you and your loved ones.
- Remember to practice social distancing and encourage your family and friends to do likewise. We are still in a crisis!
- Work remotely as much as you can, for safety and emotional health.
- Talk to your children and teens about COVID-19 candidly, so they understand this time of urgency.
- Covid-19 Emotional support hotline (844) 863-9314
- National Domestic Violence hotline (800) 799-7234
- Remember to wear a mask and gloves and encourage family and friends to do likewise. Although we see and hear of reopening’s of business around the country proceed with caution.
- Addiction Center for support and help (888) 839-8056
- You can call Grace and Truth Leadership for Prayer @ (919) 928-0404
- Consider purchasing the book https://graceandtruthleadership.org/ “The journey of self-care from the inside out” Go to the homepage and scroll down.
- Suicide prevention (800) 273-8255
Pastor James Baker, Jr. and our leadership team are especially thankful for those of you who provided financial donations and support in the month of April 2020, by partnering with us in efforts to advance the kingdom of God in this 21st century season: Special thanks to Ms. Cynthia Waiters-Artis, Ms. Annette Straker, Mr. David Straker, Mr. Kenneth Washington, Ms. Darlene Simmons, Ms. Mable Bazemore, Ms. Evelyn Rosado, Ms. Itholear Abbott, Mrs. Barbara Mason, Ms. Theresa Lewis, Ms. Ashley Baker, Ms. Rebecca Hogue, Ms. Rita McGuffin, Ms. Evonne Bazemore, Ms. Chisa Tolliver, Mrs. Lola Moore, Ms. Angie Scraders-Murphy, Mr. Calvin Jackson, Mrs. Robin Baker, Ms. Sylvia Sumpter, and Ms. Gertrude Scott.
Thank you for using the word cup devotionals brought to you through Grace and Truth Leadership. Why don’t you take the opportunity to write to us on our blog and let us know how we are doing in serving you.
We are a faith-based, donor-supported ministry. If you have been touched by these daily devotionals and would like to make a monthly pledge or a special gift of any amount, please use the link below to give as the Lord leads.
Follow me on Twitter @James Baker_jr as I endeavor to encourage and empower leaders of today and tomorrow!
Pastor James Baker Jr.