The new leaders of today and tomorrow need to be visionary at the core. They must be both learners and teachers. Not only should they foresee paradigm shifts in society, but they also need to have a strong sense of ethics and work to build integrity in their organizations.
- Emotional maturity. Today’s leaders must be able to tolerate frustration and stress. Overall, they must be well-adjusted and have the psychological maturity to deal with anything they are required to face.
- Decisive. Today’s leaders are often times competitive and decisive and usually enjoy overcoming obstacles. Overall, they are assertive in their thinking style as well as their attitude in dealing with others.
- Energetic. Today’s leaders are usually seen as active, expressive, and energetic. They are often very optimistic and open to change. Overall, they are generally quick and alert and tend to be uninhibited.
- High Character. Today’s leaders are often dominated by a sense of duty and tend to be very exacting in character. They usually have a very high standard of excellence and an inward desire to do one’s best. They also have a need for order and tend to be very self-disciplined.
- Risk takers. Today’s leaders tend to be spontaneous risk-takers. They are usually socially aggressive and generally thick-skinned. Overall, they are responsive to others and tend to be high in emotional stamina.
- Poised under pressure. Today’s leaders are practical, logical, and to-the-point. They should have a balance understanding in the in human relationships with people, and should be comfortable with criticism. They should have a balanced approach to hardship and overall, are very poised.
- Resilient. Self-confidence and resiliency are common traits among today’s leaders. They tend to be free of guilt and have little or no need for approval. They are generally secure and free from guilt and are usually unaffected by prior mistakes or failures.
- Provide stability. Today’s leaders were found to be controlled and very precise in their social interactions. Overall, they were very protective of their integrity and reputation and consequently tended to be socially aware and careful, abundant in foresight, and very careful when making decisions or determining specific actions.
Follow me on Twitter @James Baker_jr as I endeavor to encourage and empower leaders of today and tomorrow!
Pastor James Baker, Jr.
Thank you for using the Word Cup devotionals brought to you through Grace and Truth Leadership on (Word press). We are a faith-based, donor-supported ministry. If you have been touched by these daily devotionals and would like to make a monthly pledge or a special gift of any amount, please use the link below to give as the Lord leads. Thank you so much!