There are many scriptural references to demonic influence in the Word of God. In a few cases the devil (Satan) himself shows up. In other cases he uses others to do his will. In all cases there is a common denominator that unmasks him in his attempt to deceive. The enemy of our souls simply lies, after Church on Sunday is good thing to be prepared on Monday people of God!
There are several that come to mind. Remember, if you see or hear any of these, your “Devildetectometer” should hit “11” right away. (most of us call this God given instrument Discernment).
Here are a few demonic things to watch for:
• He twists truth and uses it to lie. (Eve in the Garden) 2 Corinthians 11:3
• The result of his work is to destroy your future. (Jesus in the Wilderness and deceiving Judas)
• Killing (death) is deeply embedded in his program. When you see death.. look for him. John 10:10
• Smooth words are a prime skill. He looks good.. angel of light good. 2 Corinthians 11:14
• He knows the Bible.. and uses it to trick you, he did with JESUS in the wilderness Luke 4:1-11
• His appeals are always what you think you want anyway. The easy way out. And uses saints sometimes to do this Matthew 16:23
• He promises a great future. As he did Jesus in the wilderness Matthew 4:1-11
• His lies are easier than the truth and they snatch away any truth. Matthew 13:19
• He’s clever and always on the prowl to find someone to trick.1 Peter 5:8
• Even a person who has a close intimate relationship with God can be tricked. Knowing God is not a talisman against deception. Matthew 16:23
• He comes with words of PEACE yet in hearing them there is no peace in it.
• He comes disguised as a flesh and blood opponent, yet the real power behind him is evil. Ephesians 6:12
• He justifies sin in the name of love. Homosex in our day 1 Timothy 5:15
• He causes people in leadership positions to make bad policy. David census. 1 Chronicles 21
• He has power, but resisting him is your power. Ephesians 6
We are not to be ignorant.. but many are. I hear preachers all the time say, we shouldn’t spend much time focusing on the devil and his evil works… except JESUS did.. and I think if we are going to be effective in the kingdom.. we must be wise as serpents in dealing with the enemy (the devil) . I thank my Big sister Angela Harrison for being instrumental in today’s message, she believes as I do, we have to always be guarded against the enemy of our Souls.
I have done this so that we may not be taken advantage of by Satan. For we are not to be ignorant of his schemes. 2 Corinthians 2:11!